Gaslight

Try this one.

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=8706

or this one

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=13265

Jake
Old 07-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #22
ma71supraturbo

Send a message via AIM to ma71supraturbo Send a message via MSN to ma71supraturbo Send a message via Yahoo to ma71supraturbo

Yeah I'd seen those. Grantmap is v 1.03 so I was just hoping to cut/paste fuel and ignition maps but we seem to be on drastically different units

aha, I found the difference. I was on RAW

edit: and he is running boost corrections
ma71supraturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #23
Gaslight

Hope it works out.

You can use the coversion wizard to up the version then cut and paste.

Jake
Old 07-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #24
ma71supraturbo

Send a message via AIM to ma71supraturbo Send a message via MSN to ma71supraturbo Send a message via Yahoo to ma71supraturbo

Wooohooo it runs! Here is my current map: http://www.geocities.com/ma71supratu...sity.V1.11.cal It runs well at steady throttle from idle to 2500rpm.

I had also rewired the AEM wideband gauge so it runs off relayed battery power, but noticed the laptop and gauge were now about 1/2 AFR off. Once I reverted back to the AEM EMS's calibration for the gauge (rather than the calibrations provided by the gauge's spec sheet) they matched. Gain was 1.00 to get 2.35 volts with the sensor disconnected.

Now while the car idles well, it is at 11.7-12.3 AFR. If I try to lean it out (adjust fuel from 8.0 to 7.0) it stumbles... Also, when I open the throttle slightly to rev the engine higher, it will stumble if I don't add throttle very very gently. O2 reads lean when the stumble happens, so I added fuel above the idle load, but it didn't help much so I suspect it is a throttle tip-in setting I need to look at. My plan at the moment is to convert to boost comp, basing the map off the range I know the car runs well at so I'll know whether its tip-in or just a bad fuel map at higher loads. I also do not trust the O2's readings 100% because I'd think it should idle well at 13:1 AFR

The car idles at about -10.5psi, and at 2500rpm is at about -8.5psi. At idle the autometer boost gauge reads -22inhg, about 1inhg lower than it did on the stock ecu
Old 07-24-2005, 10:48 PM   #25
Gaslight

Congrads. I am about 3 weeks behind you now that the car is finally at ITS getting the downpipe made. Sounds like you are well on your way to boosting.

Jake
Old 07-24-2005, 11:36 PM   #26
ma71supraturbo

Drove it about 30 minutes ago, drives great at light load through 2800rpm. At medium load (no boost) it starts to bog, with heavy bogging at close to atmospheric pressure. I just need to find a passenger seat so I can play with it while a friend drives...
Old 07-25-2005, 08:56 AM   #27
Gaslight

Milk crate! Hey don't shake your head! You won't be the person having to sit in it!

Jake
Old 07-25-2005, 05:22 PM   #28
IJ.
Super Moderator

Jeff: Sit in the back?
IJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:59 AM   #29
ma71supraturbo

Minor update:

Car is running very well around town. Tuning from logs is getting old, but I'm gradually increasing the boost. Lastest setback is the AEM UEGO (which has to get nice steady voltage from battery power -- through a relay). The relay I bought started buzzing and the wideband reads a steady 14.7:1 all the time
Old 08-29-2005, 11:04 AM   #30
Gaslight

Jeff,

Wanted to check in. I am in the middle of trying to get mine to fire up right now. How is yours doing so far? Do you have an updated file to share?

Jake