MKIII Tech
Hosted by SupraMania!

Go Back   MKIII Tech > Motorsports > Drifting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #11
OverRevImports

Send a message via MSN to OverRevImports

drifting is fun to show off in parking lots or on a track, on the street its a lot harder. unlike initial D, most roads are built for high speed grip cornering, as the newer tarmac has alot more grip than standard concrete. also the supra as a drift platform isn't very practical. the LSD, TEMS, the heavy inline 6, and the weight of the car on the front tires give it alot more grip that most cars. ive never been able to make the rear end kick under heavy accel on dry pavment,

Dash
1985 AW11 MR2 <R.I.P>
1986 AW11 MR2 <R.I.P>
OverRevImports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #12
JumpingJackrabbit

Drifting: That is about as hardcore as figure skating.

And what is the sense of a competition round based on doing two perfect powerslides? I've seen some videos of competition and wasn't impressed.

But if you do want to drift, don't do it in the street.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
87turbo_swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRevImports
drifting is fun to show off in parking lots or on a track, on the street its a lot harder. unlike initial D, most roads are built for high speed grip cornering, as the newer tarmac has alot more grip than standard concrete. also the supra as a drift platform isn't very practical. the LSD, TEMS, the heavy inline 6, and the weight of the car on the front tires give it alot more grip that most cars. ive never been able to make the rear end kick under heavy accel on dry pavment,

Dash

those are things that help you drift, and if you can't make the rear end kick out you must not drive that fast cause its pretty damn easy.
87turbo_swap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #14
sparkplug

there all just hating on all the drifter because they dont know how to do it thats all, im not a drifter, i wouldnt drift my supra but its fun to watch. everyone here is just being lame because they tried, failed, and hated it ever since
sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote